The Red River Fly Fishers and Eisenhower state park have been hosting fly fishing events at the park for 10 years. The fly fishing event “Texoma on the Fly” on September 27 will celebrate this 10th anniversary.
With the support of members of both the Dallas and Fort Worth clubs, this will be a big event.
- We’re bringing back the demonstration fly tiers. Some of the area’s best fly tiers will be tying their favorite flies and answering questions. << Personally, I’ve learned more about fly tying from experienced tiers like these than from any other method.
- We will have several speakers discussing everything from bamboo rod building to fly fishing opportunities.
- We will be offering TP&W’s beginning fly fishing course. << Here’s your chance to get started fly fishing.
- We will be offering fly casting instruction from experienced instructors.
- TFO Rods will have their fly rods available for casting. << This is a great opportunity to test cast and compare different fly rods.
- Plus more!
- This is a free event.
Also, the long-time park superintendent Paul Kesil has retired this summer. Paul has played a key role in bringing this type of fly fishing event to the area. Please join us as we thank Paul for his support and to wish him a happy retirement.
>> Please add the date to your calendars and we will add more details as they become available.
Date: Saturday, September 27, 2014 Time: 9:00 am to 2:00 pm Location: Eisenhower state park on the shores of Lake Texoma Cost: Free!
_________________________ Rex W FFF Certified Casting Instructor TFO Pro Staff